Insomnia Makes Me Babble
Here I am, on a cool, stormy, lazy Sunday afternoon, with nothing to do but procrastinate again. My kind of day. Coming out of an insomnia-filled Saturday makes me wanna do nothing...just babble nonsense on this blog, maybe.
Some reasons why I've been having insomnia for several consecutive Saturdays in a row:
a) Blame it on the one pint of coffee crumble which I solo-ly munched on
b) Hundreds of my adoring fans are thinking of me...yeah right! haha =P
c) Wanting to but restraining myself from playing the addictive Zuma game in the middle of the night
d) Guilt-tripping on OT'ed project-mate
e) And...etcetera which could mean a lot of things on my overly analytical mind...trust me, you really wouldn't wanna know
And just when I was dozing off for about an hour, dear mother woke me up 5 in the morning to drive her to the wet market. Augh. Cold, stormy Sunday morning. But yeah, sure, sure, I'll do it.
My yaya didn't go with us, as she usually does, so I had to tag along to the labyrinth of left-right-left-left-right corners while my mother completed her stuff-to-buy list. What's funny is that I felt separate from the people in the place - I felt I wasn't there - more of like an ethereal being (ehem...angel, perhaps?) bemusedly observing those people going about their business. Boy oh boy, they didn't call it WET market for nothing; but I kinda enjoyed getting up close and personal with those chickens getting skinned alive, those slimy fishes jumping and breathing though their gills and seeing them gutted out. Tsk tsk poor cats.
This wet marketing is another side of the married life, a picture which the media does not often associate with the Barbie-dreamhouse lifestyle of married couples. The grimy, slimy chapter in a couple's relationship but more often than not, done out of a labor of love.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home