Thursday, July 14, 2005

Let's be Politically Aware nga daw!

Just like many people, I've jumped into the bandwagon. I'm giving my two-cents worth, no, I believe it's just a quarter-worth, on this political carnivale that is called the Philippine government.

I am politically apathethic, and I am neither proud nor am ashamed of it. I read the newspapers, sure; but the news just doesn't strike me or appeal to any of my senses anymore.

That feeling, that's what I call "callousness". I remember during one of our Sunday worship services, the pastor told us "when the word of God convicts you, or strikes a chord within you, act on it, lest you grow callous."

When you always wear those ill-fitted but sexy stilettos, the first few times it hurts so much. But our skin grows those protective, hard layer called corns and callouses which makes us grow immune to the pain.

I've grown callous of this country, especially the showlitics of it. Yes, I am being selfish, but as long as me and my loved ones are breathing-living, I am able to go to my derma regularly, the ATM's working so I can withdraw my millions and millions of pesosesoses, then I don't want to waste my mind and my time dissecting the political situation of the Philippines.

Sa mga aktibista, pasintabi na lang po.
Sa mga apathethic na katulad ko, sana hindi dumami ang mga tulad natin.

Times like these, those analysts and wannabe analysts find something to write about - What is Cory's motivation for asking GMA to resign, What are the political forecasts for the Philippines...yah dah yah dah yah dah. And then they turn out a political dissertation that will be archived in the library for students to read about.

And then we move on.

So what's the next popular blog topic? I'd bet my ass it's gonna be Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

heyy. i'm from singapore! interesting. but seriously, you should consider more yea. if not, your millions and millons of pesos will be used for taxes and what-nots.(:

 
At 1:05 PM, July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

well you miss an important step before moving on. it's knowing what direction to move on to. politics is dirty business, true it's boring and yeah its tiring to listen to the scandals they keep coming up with. but you know, whatever happens up there affects you too. sure you have money in your ATM, but if this country goes down the dumps, your purchasing power diminishes, and that my friend is the effect on you. be involved. your voice, among many others will determine the fate (direction) of this country and ultimately the quality of your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home