Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary

It's my parent's 25th wedding anniversary yesterday. And I haven't even greeted them. =( Let's just say I'm not a "Brady Bunch" kind of daughter..I'm not into the "greeting, bonding, happy happy" person. I don't show much of my feelings when I am at home. In fact, I even mumble when I greet them "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Mother's Day". It's not that I don't want to. It's just that...

I am quite impressed - 25 years is such a feat.

We've had our ups and downs as a family, we have our occassional "fights", the "pangingialam", the "kulitan to the point that you get pikon and irritated", the numerous yang-chow dinner outs. And with all these in mind, bottomline is I love my family. We are flawed and we have a lot of "Home Improvement" activities to do, but I wouldn't trade my parents for anyone else.

I may not have the courage to say this to you in person (shy ang daughter niyo, and I don't like senti moments)...but I love you ma, pa..and I'll do anything to make you proud (just don't make me go into a "kai-shaw" session..hay naku, hindi ko yan sisiputin!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home