Pit Stop With Police
It was my first time to be stopped by a police last night. And I was kinda freaked out after the incident.
My friend and I were on our way to Rosario after a meeting in Megamall..so, there I was, happily driving away, when suddenly, those MMDAs planted some fences in the middle of the Edsa-Robinson flyovers.
Of course, I still view my life as precious, so I had to ssssswwweeervve.. Right. But I looked at the right side mirror first, mind ya.
But in my heart, and in my mind, I know that was a clear, blatant swerving offense, so when the police asked me to stopped, I knew why.
I played it cool. Right up until he asked for my car's OR. I looked in the glove compartment...everywhere...but no, there is no OR around here. So..ano 'to...baka isispin ni mr. officer kinarnap ko 'to???
So there. another offense. No OR. This is when I got kinda freaked out. I used such excuses as:
Q: "E manong, last week dumaan ako dito, wala naman yun mga bakal na yan e."
P: "Miss, last month pa po nakalagay ang mga ito."
Kaboom...alibi 1 bombed in my face...
let's try another one..
Q: "Manong, bago pa lang po akong pinagda-drive e. Ngayon lang ako pinayagan ng parents ko mag-drive mag-isa."
P: "Ngayon ka lang nag-drive, e 2002 pa meron ka nang lisensya?"
waahhh..I'm running out of excuses...time to take desperate measures..
Q: "Manong, mama ko naman kasimay hawak ng papers ng car na 'to..hindi ko alam hindi pala nia nilagay yun OR sa kotse."
The police said "sandali"...so, I got the chance to call up one of my friends, 'coz I really don't know what to do with the situation.
Then the police got back and said,
"O sige, next time wag niyo nang uulitin ha. At saka yun OR kailangan sa sasakyan, kahit Xerox lang"..
And I said, "Sige po. Salamat manong, ah."
Whew. As we drove off, that's when I realized my knees turned to jelly. And I started to cry..out of relief, and out of being freaked out.
My first brush with the police. And I escaped unscathed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home