Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Floating Project Status

This is my second post for the day. Understatement it is to say that I got a lot of spare time on my hands. I feel very vacant - project wise.

A lot of people complain of getting too much work. Me, I crave for work and expanded responsibilities. This is one of my former complaints in my ex-company - I wasn't given much tasks...my activities back then were centered mostly on testing activities.

Same feeling right now. All I do is test. But I want to do other things, like lead, or at least, learn how we deploy releases, plan for tests, etc. But I can't do that yet because of my floating project status.

I almost resigned middle of last year in my ex-company because of this limited role in my project. But I deferred it a little because I was given additional leadership responsibilities. Come to think of it, if I hadn't resigned, I'd still be calling the shots in my *** project; heck, I might just be the one going to Japan instead of Alfred! Now, that's one of my many what ifs in life. ho hum..

So here I am, back to square one. Only with bigger pay, to say the least. And internet connection too.

I am getting kinda concerned with my project status; if you can call it "project", 'coz I'm not yet officially recognized as a member.

Remember that interview with a Taiwan customer? Well, that was a looong time ago, I think a month and a half na. Now they're considering another person for the QA position. Good thing there's this another project that I've been helping out with since February, so I was "adopted". Still, I need to go through another round of technical interview with the Taiwan customer (again..) to be officially part of this project. If I don't pass, well..I don't want to think about it, but if I don't...I don't know where I'll be going.

Being the pessimist that I am, I am thinking worst case is that I don't get permanent; I'd be booted out of this company. That means I'm gonna be out of work.

When I first thought about this worst-case scenario, I really freaked out. With my paranoias, I immediately thought of updating my resume and going for job hunting as early as May. But then again, I leave it in the Lord's hands.

I found comfort in one of my favorite verses:
"Even to your old age, I am He; And even to gray hairs, I will carry you.
I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you."

Such comfort. Knowing God made me, and He will take care of me.

Of course that's no excuse for me to slack off. So right now, our test environment is not yet set up. Better quit blogging then and start reading on project documents for preparation in the upcoming interview. I'm gonna do my best, but I still leave it in God's plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home