Monday, April 18, 2005

Excerpts from "The Curious Incident..."

An excerpt from "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time"

"..And in the dream nearly everyone on earth is dead, because they have caught a virus...and eventually there is no one left in the world except people who don't look at other people's faces...

And I can go anywhere in the world and I know that no one is going to talk to me or touch me or ask me a question...."

Sometimes I feel like this. I bet we all do. You know, take a break from the world for a while. Wish you can do anything without anyone or any feeling bother you.

Be autistic. I guess there's an upside to being one...you get to shield yourself from any hurt, or any form of emotion for that matter. Be safe. Be logical.

But then again, it's a curse, of not allowing yourself to feel the laughter, the pain, the relationships we get to maintain, and break, and lose, and regain. The very essence of why we were created...deprived for us to experience.

I think it's just appropriate to close this with another line from the same book (which, I recommend...it's quite interesting, but some parts are dragging...all in all, I give it 4/5 stars =)):

"Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home