Monday, April 11, 2005

Close ba tayo...hmmm?

I had this high school batchmate who popped me a few minutes ago..His first message was "saps". It's kinda petty actually, and I'm sure he doesn't mean anything bad by it, but I got a little miffed with him calling me "saps". It's like travelling back in high school...to those days when I was nerdy nerdy but wants to be hip, with the bad hairdo, and the high socks.

Then there's this elementary schoolmate who asked for my number through friendster. He was my childhood crush actually (kaso he was a whole lot better looking in elementary...gosh...is that what happens, if you're good looking in elementary or hs, you get well, not that good looking when you grow up?...ala hs crushes nila romy and michelle, or yun grade school crush ni Jenifer Garner in 13 Going on Thirty?)..Anyways, I'm glad I'm a late bloomer...that's all I can say ;) So where was I? Ah there, I gave him my number, and he texted me: "Huy, Ikaw ba si sapipi?" Harumph!

It's like people still see you as that unattractive and nerdy girl; For high school (and elementary) people, it seems their memory of you stuck to the time when you were a kid or a pimply faced teenager. They can not process how you've grown up and improved considerably.

When it's my best friend or barkada who calls me "Saps", "Sapips", or whatever, there's no issue. It's cool. But when you're just an acquaintance or a batchmate, then it's kinda irritating. Hey, am not the "saps" in high school anymore noh!

That's why Josie Geller's one of my favorite movie heroines...you know...with the "I'm not Josie Grossie anymore!" lines...Come to think of it, I wonder when I'll have my first real kiss...hopefully with a Vartan look-a-like.. ;)

I think this sensitiveness started when I was in elementary. I used to dread the first day of class back then. I hated the roll call, which every teacher does so as to get "introduced" to the class. I had this bully classmate...I still remember his name..DAN DAVE LIM..whenever my name was called, he would snicker behind the back row and make fun of my surname. Then I'd hear some follow up laughs.

Call it insecurity, or an unforgettable childhood memory which scarred me for life.

So there. That's the way it is. Unless I get married soon, don't call me by my last name..isipin mo muna if close ba tayo, hmmm...?

PS: I had to re-write this entry.. Seems blog timed out as I was about to publish my first version of this post.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, April 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

bruha! - here's one for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home