Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Otto Octavius, Kiko, Pee, atbp.

We originally planned to discuss our term project that'll be due in less than a month. But, young bloods as we were, the distant call of OPM bands from afar beckoned - and won againts our best judgments. Hence we found ourselves buying for the "Calibrated OPM Rock - FAMorningan sa UP" event at the Sunken Garden.

It was a night when all sorts of people went out - from babaylans to Bohemians, kooks to crooks. I'd be wearing tattered clothes in the fair grounds and I would've looked normal. With only 45 pesos in my pocket, I hopelessly peeked at all those shawarma rice and all sorts of bbqs. Sorry kids, mommy has no pambili na eh. :( Good thing the entrance ticket comes with a free coke.

We tried our luck at this booth - you throw a one peso coin and when it lands in a square, you get the "prize". I almost got a La-La, but my aim wasn't that good. I spent 5 pesos on that game.

Marvs tried for the balloon darts and the miniature gun thingamajig. Abby also tried to shoot for her luck, and managed to win 2 lollipops and a Haw Haw - after 20 pesos.

As if the bruises from Eurostar wasn't enough, I bought a ticket to ride the Octopus. That was my first time so I was really excited. No seatbelts or any safety equipment - that made it scarier than Eurostar's Joker. You know when you're in a ferris wheel and your cart gets suspended in the topmost part of the circle? There's such a thing pala in Octopus, only your cart is hanging upside down and when you look down, you see the motors chugging. Nope, I didn't go black and blue over this one, but I did have a stomach ache with alternating peals of laughter and scared shouts for the entire ride's duration.

One sad thing though was the fair grounds smelled of pee and barf. Figures when there's only 3 Portalets available, 2 for the ladies, 1 for the men.

I was hoping to catch Parokya, but I went home earlier than the rest of the peeps. (I might turn into a pumpkin). I only managed to catch Kiko Machine play, of which I didn't understand any of the "Val Sotto" song they performed.

Ergo plans of spending some nice quiet time alone, Brokebacking on a Saturday night went completely kaput. But I'm not complaining; in fact, it was unexpectedly fun. No matter how hard I try to stay away from the madding crowd and just be A.S., there's those people who, from time to time drag me out of my shell. Buti na lang. Or else I would've been a self-enforced autistic lady in the midst of her quarter-life crisis.

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger Recycle Upcycle Admin hollered...

hahaha kiko machine!

"kapatid sya ni tito at ni vic pero sya ang pinakagwapo...idol ko...woh...si val sotto"

hahaha! =P

 
At 9:52 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger *quacks* hollered...

napakinggan ko na yung mp3 na binigay mo..wala pa ring tatalo kay mcguyver, ultimate problem solver!

their music's not my thing, pero guess kung ano na status msg ko? tsk tsk cute band name though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home