Friday, February 03, 2006

The "M" Word

Naiveté as it were, I thought getting hitched is the end bliss. Then again, as I grew *ehem* more rational, that pretty little picture I painted in my mind before was just the wedding day. The day after that, and the coming ugly, wrinkly years after, that is marriage.

Coincidence? Or am I just getting old? A lot of people close to me, of whom I share the same faith, (or) bloodlines, (or) interests, are either getting ready to give birth, or planning their wedding, or just got married and have started a family.

I've never realized how much this marriage stuff is serious. It's so serious, it's scary. But then maybe, scary is a good sign - at least I'm thinking how serious committing oneself is to someone. Imagine waking up for (I hope) 50 years or so looking at that same face everyday. So gels, look for someone pleasant for the eye, aight? Hahah

Anyweiz, no fairy tale sugar coated imaginations, just plain old reality that starts with a capital letter "M" which is starting to hit me smack in the face.

Dear God's best, please don't come into my life right now. I'm not yet ready, but I can assure you that I'm getting there. Slowly but surely.

And I pray that when we meet, I won't be scared as hell like I am now. I love you and that's why I'm preparing myself to be the partner God wants me to be for you.

PS: You better shape up too!!

1 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

Good things are for those who are willing to wait
And when your true love comes, heaven knows it's great
Give a little love and just watch it grow
When good things happen then the heart will know.
-The Company, " A little love goes a long way"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home