Sunday, September 11, 2005

Pranjetto Hills

Just came from a two-hour drive off the resort called Pranjetto Hills where the 9-11: Tough Times Weekend Encounter was held.



These were the topics we ran through from our 3-day sojourn:
- The Father's Love
- What's So Bad About Sin
- The Cross
- Bondage Breaker
- The Holy Spirit
- Commitment
- The Challenge

What's so wonderful aside from experiencing baptism, aside from gaining new friends of different nationalities, is knowing how serious my faith is in Christ. This weekend made me realize how much I am blessed, and how much I can serve Him just by allowing Him to take control of my life - not just 10%, not even 90% or 99% of it, but 100%.

"The control of the Holy Spirit is not about having more of the Spirit; it is about the Holy Spirit having more of us."

How much of our lives are we willing to give to Him? Do we surrender only when we've reached the bottom? Do we commit only because He's the last resort? I am so guilty of this so many times.

Whenever I think of my life before I received Him as my Lord and Savior, I can't help but be touched and find a tear or two rolling down my cheeks. I am awed by His grace. I am unworthy, but because of Him I am now a child of God. And that's why I will be forever grateful.

I thank God for the extended family of believers I've met during this weekend. I never thought the breakout sessions, where you had to share your experiences with a group of people you don't know could be so much liberating.

Jules, Joy, Lui, Wen, Ate Dang, Achie, and of course, Carme - thanks for the wonderful sharing sessions. I've learned so much from all of you.

There's also the moving testimonies of people in the encounter; I was touched by the life story of a Hindu (I didn't get his name) who came from the Brahman family in India. He became a Christian and was heavily persecuted and disowned by his family and his local community.

And of course I can remember Bishnu, a nice Nepalese man who was a dead-ringer for a friend who's currently in BK. Now I have a new nickname for him. Hello Bishnu!

Where do I go from here?
As the song goes, I'll be marching on with hearts courageous...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home