Saturday, March 03, 2007

D-up Sucks

I miss my DSL network in my ex-office. The incredible selections of the latest MP3s and tv series..now out of my grasp. :(

I didn't feel the need to have a broadband connection at home because - a) ex-office's DSL network is SUPER fantastic! The fact that Taiwan had an underground quake and it didn't even affect my broadband connection. Kewl. One of the perks of being a Trender. b) I'm much too exposed to computers majority of the day, I don't want to face computers when I get home. The best explanation would probably be - c) cheappo is my middle name.

I'm re-thinking my brilliant reasons now when it takes me approx. 30 minutes to upload a 2MB email attachment, only getting a mailer daemon message telling me the mailbox does not accept the attachment size. Or almost pulling my hair out (I was trademarkedly twirling it while waiting for about 2 minutes for Create New Blog Post to open). Sigh.

While I was thoughtfully murdering my dial-up connection, I came across this article from Harold Kushner, author of When Bad Things Happen to Good People - "You Don't Have to Be Perfect". Some wonderful excerpts I'd like to share with you:
================
In some strange sense we are more whole when we are missing something. The man who has everything is in some ways a poor man. He will never know what it feels like to yearn, to hope, to nourish his soul with the dream of something better.

There is a wholeness about the person who has come to terms with his limitations, who has been brave enough to let go of his unrealistic dreams and not feel like a failure for doing so. There is a wholeness about the man or woman who has learned that he or she is strong enough to go through a tragedy and survive, who can lose someone and still feel like a complete person. You have been through the worst and came through intact.

Life is not a trap set for us by God so that He can condemn us for failing. Life is not a spelling bee, where no matter how many words you've gotten right, you're disqualified if you make one mistake. Life is more like a baseball season, where even the best team loses one-third of its games and even the worst team has its days of brilliance.
================

And now, I'm still waiting for that attachment. Dial-up REALLY REALLY sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home