Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Dressed for Success

Settling in for a new work environment usually makes me anxious. Right now there are urges to be anxious, to be worried, to lose sleep over that "first day @ work" thingie. But I'm trying to curb those thoughts away by making myself busy - cramming over unfinished group projects, watching Peter Petrelli control his powers, and of course, praying. The latter works...truly. Way back, I'd give myself a month of fitless tossing and turning prior to the "dreaded" first day. Though these silly worrisome thoughts linger, I lift them all up in prayer. And the assurance that He'll carry the burden for me. As for my part, I need to tidy myself, keep my composure, and be ready to face that brave wild world called Makati. (oh yeah, that reminds me to give myself a manicure and pedicure before "that first day". Yess..I know how to clean my own nails. Surprised? Just one of those secret talents I keep in handy...)

So what's with the title? La lang. I planned to talk about how difficult it is to find decent semi-formal outfits. Given that my closet's full of Mickey Mouse shirts (brr) and faded jeans. I haven't dressed in a corporate attire since..lemme see...since after I landed my first job..which is approximately 5 years ago. And shame it is to admit, I'm a fashion victim when it comes to corporate dressing. I've had friends give me fashion tips, do's and don'ts, even research on the "latest" semi-casual fashions. Still I think I need a fashion fairy. Sigh. Maybe someone can write those E!, ETC shows and ask the producers to give their cute sweet sassy friend a makeover. ;-)

Now I've written about the "dress" subject. Nothing to say but..the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home