Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Manic Sunday

Sunday was supposed to be a simple bond-with-cousins day. You know, those kind of activities that you cramp in a single day because of short notice vacations.

It all started when I left my car keys inside my car for the Nth time this month. After worship service, I had to take a taxi to Nova. to get my keys. My cousins went ahead into the malling activity part.

I've never ridden a taxi for almost a year now, so it's really surprising how my entire fare would have given me a quarter tank full of gas. Blah. And what the heck is it with taxi drivers, almost always implicitly blaming traffic on the customer. How about the kapalmuks Filipino behavior of asking for "dagdag" on taxi fare even if it's a freakin' Sunday; a cat can cross Commonwealth without getting squished.

I commuted all the way back to Ortigas. No food, no water. But hey, I'm still smiling. This is rare. It must be the adrenaline. Or not.

After getting the car open, we started to head back to Fairview. We were stopped by a taxi driver along Kamuning because we had a flat tire. Flat is such an understatement. O cya, flat tire. Flat tire with a wide slash, air gushing out slowly. Pano kaya kami makakabalik nito. Pano kami makakaabot sa PDA mall show.

God is really good. We were able to go home under those flat/slashed tire circumstances. Ang galing Niya talaga.

Anyhow, we hurriedly went to the mall show to catch the PDA stars. Still no food no water aggravated by bodies squishing and foot crunching you left and right, add to that this bwiset guy getting too close for comfort and doing some funny thing I wouldn't want to mention anymore.

From that day on I was turned off by mall shows. Sa TV na lang ako. Better yet, mag-aartista na lang ako!

So there. I left the human body pool and didn't get to see Chad, Yeng, or Eman. My cousins were more resilient though. They stayed all the way till the end of the show.

I went home thinking - I need another vacation from this vacation.

Accomplishment: Didn't lose temper. (genuinely) Kept my smile and waved away the "inconveniences". I really hope to practice this everyday. :)

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger ilya hollered...

is that you quacks? good for you :)

 
At 12:45 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger *quacks* hollered...

ang bilis ng comment ah..kakapost ko lang :P

yeah it's me. sometimes i don't recognize me anymore. :P

 
At 9:43 AM, November 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

Talaga nga naman ang mga trip...MALL SHOWS!!..anyhoo..violent reaction on the 'Mag-a-artista na lang ako...'part -> ganyan na ba kababa ang kalidad ng entertainment industry sa atin?

BTW, ako ang tunay na girlfriend ni Chad..kaya wag ka nang maghabol!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home