Monday, August 14, 2006

Fly Fly Fly Like A Butterfly

I've never been to many places, save for that Thai trip I had last year. I've been living the simple life for the past few months, and I find myself getting used to it. Ok, not just getting used to it. I kinda like it. :D

With people moving to greener pastures, flying a thousand miles away, I always get the question - "Ikaw, kailan ka susunod?" To which my utmost reply goes, "I'm still finishing my master's. I have about less than a year to go, sayang kung iwanan ko ngayon."

Partly, it's kinda true. And although my dreams of moving out of this third world country still exists, for now it exists far far away, tucked and submerged so deeply into my own personal iceberg.

Somehow this comes as a surprise for me. I've known myself to fly wherever the migration pattern points to.

Just thinking about it, and having almost had the choice to leave for the land of the chinks made me bawl my eyes out.

It just doesn't feel right this time.

For all those good friends who'll be saying hello to cable cars, Aussie surfers (and deadly jellyfish..ingat kayo dun!), Niagara, Chang Kai Shek, Uncle S., etc...

Goodbyes aren’t really that bad they say. It’s the idea of having to put up with the change that is scary. But in the end everything happens for a reason and everything always goes on for the best.

See you! (not soon).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home